Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seeing Red

I'm all in. I was on the fence a couple of posts ago, but now I'm all in. The DVR got a little bit of vacation after the Olympics, but now its in overdrive again. It's Presidential election season and I'm hooked. It, like the Olympics, only comes once every four years so I must take advantage now. Last weekend consisted of two specials on Sarah Palin, one on Joe Biden, and then Sunday morning was spent with George Stephanopolous - I always enjoy his round table discussions. There are still several weeks to go, so I'm feeling the need to pace myself a bit on television coverage. Otherwise, it will take over - I'm already turning on CNN upon waking up in the morning and getting home from work. Not to mention the occasional peek online during the work day.

My hours spent engrossed in the world of politics of late have led me to three conclusions. First, Obama will regret picking Biden. The only way to really have united the Democrats after the bitter primaries would have been to pick Hillary. I think further proof of that is the frenzy the Palin pick has caused (apparently we are ready to embrace the idea of a woman in the White House). Joe Biden has been around forever it seems - he's not the 'change' Obama has been promising. Second, I think that McCain really can do some changing. Maybe that's why I can buy in with him - I think he will be able to look beyond party lines and keep the best interest of the people a priority. (Look at me dreaming.) Lastly, Tina Fey needs to return to SNL as Sarah Palin. It was hilarious!

Thoughts to ponder:
A Barack/Hill vs. John/Sarah race would have been even more fun.
2012 Prediction: Hill vs. Sarah for pres

No comments: