Thursday, September 11, 2008

Name Change

If you're a regular reader, you might have noticed my blog's name change. While "I dunno" was super clever, it didn't really say much. "By Grace Through Faith" has special meaning for me. Several months ago my eyes were opened to a whole new concept - grace. I had spent many years in church, but never heard a message of grace. What I heard was a list of do's and don't's and what happened if you did some of the 'don't's.' So, imagine my reaction when I started to grasp the idea of God's grace. We don't deserve it, but He freely gives it. We can't earn it - He freely gives it. It still blows my mind. In Ephesians 2:8-9, Paul wrote, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." What an amazing gift!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, my friend. I will constantly strive to a place where i can grasp that concept fully.

Amy Dawn said...

I would love to get together soon and really learn what you have been unpacking about grace! Kinda like a book report!!! :) Not not really, but I have had my eyes open to the true meaning of grace and find it just amazing and would love to get together and compare notes! Maybe we need to meet at Manny's for some brisket tacos and grace talk one day next week!

Katie to the K said...

Great Blog! Great name! I am really excited to see your growth in Christ! I hope someday I can be where you are. Maybe with you as my friend, that will happen! I hope so!